Upgrade LineageOS on h870Back to the overview
Important: Please read through the instructions at least once completely before actually following them to avoid any problems because you missed something!
Warning: These instructions only apply to version upgrades. If you wish to downgrade to an earlier version of LineageOS, follow your device’s instructions for installing LineageOS the first time.
Manually upgrading LineageOS
Note: Following these instructions will not wipe your data. It is, however, recommended to save important data before doing so, anyway!
The updater app does not support upgrades from one version of LineageOS to another, and will block installation to any update for a different version. Upgrading manually requires similar steps to installing LineageOS for the first time.
- Verify your device is using the latest Lineage Recovery. Simply download the latest recovery file, named something like
lineage-19.1-20230529-recovery-h870.img. Follow your device’s installation guide to see how you can update your recovery image.Important: These instructions may not work if you choose to use a different recovery!
- Download the LineageOS install package that you’d like to install or build the package yourself.
- Make sure your computer has working
adb. Setup instructions can be found here.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Additionally if you are on LineageOS 16.0 or below, open Settings, then “System”, then “Developer Options”, then select “Root Access Options”, and finally “ADB Only”. Now, run
adb reboot sideload.Important: The device may reboot to a blank black screen, fear not, this is a known bug on some recoveries, proceed with the instructions.
adb sideload /path/to/zip(inserting the path to your LineageOS package).Tip: Normally, adb will report
Total xfer: 1.00x, but in some cases, even if the process succeeds the output will stop at 47% and report
adb: failed to read command: Success. In some cases it will report
adb: failed to read command: No erroror
adb: failed to read command: Undefined error: 0which is also fine.
- (Optionally): If you want to install any add-ons, click
Apply Update, then
Apply from ADB, then
adb sideload /path/to/zipthose packages in sequence.Note: If you previously had any Google Apps add-on package installed on your device, you must install an updated package before the first boot of Android! If you did not have Google Apps installed, you must wipe the Data partition (or perform a factory reset) to install them.Note: Add-ons aren’t signed with LineageOS’s official key, and therefore when they are sideloaded, Lineage Recovery will present a screen that says
Signature verification failed, this is expected, please click
- Once you have installed everything successfully, click the back arrow in the top left of the screen, then “Reboot system now”.