Upgrade LineageOS on floxBack to the overview
Manually upgrading LineageOS
The updater app does not support upgrades from one version of LineageOS to another, and will block installation to any update for a different version. Upgrading manually requires similar steps to installing LineageOS for the first time.
- Download the LineageOS install package that you’d like to install or build the package yourself.
Make sure your computer has working
adb. Setup instructions can be found here.
- Reboot into recovery by running
adb reboot recovery, or by performing the following:
- With the device powered off, hold Volume Down + Power until the bootloader appears, then release the buttons. Use the volume buttons to scroll to “RECOVERY” and press Power to select.
- Wipe your data partition (this is usually named “Wipe”, or “Format”)
Warning: Without this step your device will not boot on the new version!
adb reboot sideload.Important: The device may reboot to a blank black screen, fear not, this is a known bug on some recoveries, proceed with the instructions.
adb sideload /path/to/zip(inserting the path to your LineageOS package).
- (Optionally): If you want to install any add-ons, click
Apply Update, then
Apply from ADB, then
adb sideload /path/to/zipthose packages in sequence.Note: If you previously had any Google Apps add-on package installed on your device, you must install an updated package before the first boot of Android! If you did not have Google Apps installed, you must wipe the Data partition (or perform a factory reset) to install them.
- Once you have installed everything successfully, click the back arrow in the top left of the screen, then “Reboot system now”.